The Show Society is raising money to complete jobs at the Moruya Showground. Funds are being raised by selling personalized engraved single-, double-, and triple-paver sections. The pavers will be installed on the path between the Showground Office and old Caretaker’s cottage.
Everyone is welcome to purchase pavers, including anyone that has memories of the Showgrounds, for example, those whom have enjoyed playing sports there, have attended the horse races, Show, rodeo, horse events, poultry show, circus, canine event, or film night. A paver can also be dedicated to the memory of someone special. Pavers could also be purchased as a gift or tribute to someone or an organization.
More information can be found here.
2019 Memorial Sheild Results:
- Frank Marsden Memorial Shield (Best Overall Exhibit) – Poultry Section
- AABA Memorial Shield (Alpaca Section) – Mi Amiga Alpacas
- Tuross Valley Simmental Stud Perpetual Trophy (Grand Champion Bull) – WNH
- Cannon Hill Poll Hereford Stud Perpetual Trophy (Grand Champion Female) – WNH
- Barrie Crapp Memorial Shield (Poultry Section) – Jack Salway
- Tom Clout Memorial Shield (Vegetable Section) – Ernst Hunklinger
- John Irtel Memorial Shield (Fruit Section) – Nancy Costin
- Lyn Hart Memorial Shield (Flower Section – Cut Flowers) – Carolyn Low
- Jofephine Richard Memorial Shield (Flower Section – Roses) – Nancy Costin
- Glenda Scott Memorial Shield (Flower Section – Native / Bonsai) – G & R Mason
- Molly Black Memorial Shield (Needlework Section) – Valerie Richard
- Mary & Bob Greig Memorial Shield (Art Encouragement Award) – Madeline Forner
- Nell Greig Memorial Shield (Photography Section) – Terri Roberts
- Nick & Chris Brice Memorial Shield (Local Heroes Award) – No Entries
- Adrian Bradley Memorial Shield (Home Brewing Section);
– Beer Section – Everard Clynk
– Wine Section – No Entries
– Spirit Section – Josh Baldry
- Val & Bill Boyton Memorial Shield (School Banners Section);
– Pre-school’s – Moruya Pre-school
– Infants – Broulee Public School
– Primary – Mogo Public School
– High – Moruya High School
- Rose Steward Memorial Six Bar Shield (Horse Section) – ‘Brett Clarke – ‘Blossoms Little Brother’
- Reg Green Transport Shield (Most Successful Clydesdale) – WNH
- RAS James Kilpatrick (Best Mare Clydesdale) – WNH
- Harrisons Horse & Rural (Team Penning);
– Open – WNH
– Junior – WNH
- 2019 Eurobodalla District Show Showgirl – WNH
New Names for Groups and new Sections with new Classes
This year we have change some of the names of the Groups to expanded the Sections. We have also added new Classes in some of the new Sections.
The Show Society have cancelled the Fax number because of the upgrade to the NBN, adding a fax number would have double the cost of the phone line.
From the 2021 Show we will be using the New Secretary’s Office / Caretakers Cottage.
Eurobodalla, We Thank You
The Eurobodalla District Show Society would like to thank all, for the help in making the 2018 Eurobodalla District Show one of the biggest we have had in many a year, with the great numbers through the gates. The numbers of entries were also up in some of the Pavilion sections.
Local communities make local shows and without their help the Shows would not run.
So a big thanks goes out to:
All our supporters
All our sponsors (please support them)
All the people who entered in the Show
All the people who attended the Show
All the Radio Stations and the Newspapers
The community of the Eurobodalla Shire and visitors
The Show Society members, workers/helpers at the Show, Judges and Stewards
SEE YOU NEXT YEAR
ON THE AUSTRALIA DAY LONG WEEKEND!