Press Release PLEASE NOTE DAY OF THIS MEETING
Our Next Monthly Meeting is on WEDNESDAY the 14th of August 2019 starting at 7.00 pm in the New Secretary’s Office / Caretaker Cottage.
The Show Society is raising money to complete jobs around the new Showground Office. The way we are raising the money is through engraved single paver and double pavers. The pavers will be installed between the path and the Showground Office / old Caretaker’s Cottage. More information can be found on this page here.
2019 Show Results
The Memorial Shield’s results are:
- Frank Marsden Memorial Shield (Best Overall Exhibit) – Poultry Section
- AABA Memorial Shield (Alpaca Section) – Mi Amiga Alpacas
- Tuross Valley Simmental Stud Perpetual Trophy (Grand Champion Bull) – WNH
- Cannon Hill Poll Hereford Stud Perpetual Trophy (Grand Champion Female) – WNH
- Barrie Crapp Memorial Shield (Poultry Section) – Jack Salway
- Tom Clout Memorial Shield (Vegetable Section) – Ernst Hunklinger
- John Irtel Memorial Shield (Fruit Section) – Nancy Costin
- Lyn Hart Memorial Shield (Flower Section – Cut Flowers) – Carolyn Low
- Jofephine Richard Memorial Shield (Flower Section – Roses) – Nancy Costin
- Glenda Scott Memorial Shield (Flower Section – Native / Bonsai) – G & R Mason
- Molly Black Memorial Shield (Needlework Section) – Valerie Richard
- Mary & Bob Greig Memorial Shield (Art Encouragement Award) – Madeline Forner
- Nell Greig Memorial Shield (Photography Section) – Terri Roberts
- Nick & Chris Brice Memorial Shield (Local Heroes Award) – No Entries
- Adrian Bradley Memorial Shield (Home Brewing Section);
– Beer Section – Everard Clynk
– Wine Section – No Entries
– Spirit Section – Josh Baldry
- Val & Bill Boyton Memorial Shield (School Banners Section);
– Pre-school’s – Moruya Pre-school
– Infants – Broulee Public School
– Primary – Mogo Public School
– High – Moruya High School
- Rose Steward Memorial Six Bar Shield (Horse Section) – ‘Brett Clarke – ‘Blossoms Little Brother’
- Reg Green Transport Shield (Most Successful Clydesdale) – WNH
- RAS James Kilpatrick (Best Mare Clydesdale) – WNH
- Harrisons Horse & Rural (Team Penning);
– Open – WNH
– Junior – WNH
- 2019 Eurobodalla District Show Showgirl – WNH
New Names for Groups and new Sections with new Classes
This year we have change some of the names of the Groups to expanded the Sections. We have also added new Classes in some of the new Sections.
The Show Society have cancelled the Fax number because of the upgrade to the NBN, adding a fax number would have double the cost of the phone line.
From the 2020 Show we will be using the New Secretary’s Office / Caretakers Cottage.
Eurobodalla, we Thank-You
The Eurobodalla District Show Society would like to thank all, for the help in making the 2018 Eurobodalla District Show one of the biggest we have had in many a year, with the great numbers through the gates. The numbers of entries were also up in some of the Pavilion sections.
Local communities make local shows and without their help the Shows would not run.
So a big thanks goes out to:
All our supporters
All our sponsors (please support them)
All the people who entered in the Show
All the people who attended the Show
All the Radio Stations and the Newspapers
The community of the Eurobodalla Shire and visitors
The Show Society members, workers/helpers at the Show, Judges and Stewards
SEE YOU ALL NEXT YEAR
ON THE AUSTRALIA DAY LONG WEEKEND