A NEW NAME FOR A NEW DAWN
The Far South Coast and Tablelands Association of Show Societies Incorporated (FSCTA) Group 6, represents the many hardworking volunteers who oversee the annual running of Bega, Bemboka, Bombala, Candelo, Cobargo, Cooma, Dalgety, Delegate, Eurobodalla, Nimmitabel and Pambula Shows.
Many of our South East NSW shows have been running continuously for well over 120 years and only World Wars and severe floods or droughts have caused our ‘local shows’ to ever be cancelled before. But with last summer’s devastating bush fires, along with the ongoing restrictions around Covid-19 and community safety, 2020 has been a particularly challenging year for our Group 6 show communities.
Indeed, many of our members have observed that, in hindsight, 2020 should have been thoroughly lunged first and then turned out for six months to calm down!
But 2021 offers our local show committees and our communities a unique opportunity to work together to recover, rebuild and even to re-invent what our local shows mean to us. And to explore the significance of these annual events to our diverse and resilient rural communities.
Just like the communities we serve, our volunteers are tough, innovative, imaginative, hardworking, and maybe just a little bit stubborn! Which is why we are determined to get ‘back on the horse’ and to work hard to help our who WHOLE region to ‘ride this year out’.
From the mountains to the sea, and from our farmland to our forests, we believe a new name that better represents the geography, and the personality of our region is just the ticket! So, in 2021, the FSCTA will transform itself into the Far South Coast and Snowy Monaro Association (FSCSMA) – and we are inviting our whole community along for the ride.
As part of our re-naming, we are asking YOU to help us to revive and re-invent YOUR LOCAL SHOW in 2021, by getting creative and designing our NEW LOGO! Simply send your logo design as a PDF (either computer-generated or hand-drawn designs will be considered) and (along with the honour of being ‘sashed’ as the zone’s new logo designer!) you could be in the running to WIN a season family pass to all our zone’s 2021 shows.
The size of the logo is to be no larger than 5 cm x 5 cm, with FSCSMA included in it. Logo designs should be no more than FOUR colours. Entries can be submitted by e-mail to [email protected], on the Facebook site, or through your local Show Society. Closing date is the 1st of January 2021.
2019 Memorial Sheild Results:
- Frank Marsden Memorial Shield (Best Overall Exhibit) – Poultry Section
- AABA Memorial Shield (Alpaca Section) – Mi Amiga Alpacas
- Tuross Valley Simmental Stud Perpetual Trophy (Grand Champion Bull) – WNH
- Cannon Hill Poll Hereford Stud Perpetual Trophy (Grand Champion Female) – WNH
- Barrie Crapp Memorial Shield (Poultry Section) – Jack Salway
- Tom Clout Memorial Shield (Vegetable Section) – Ernst Hunklinger
- John Irtel Memorial Shield (Fruit Section) – Nancy Costin
- Lyn Hart Memorial Shield (Flower Section – Cut Flowers) – Carolyn Low
- Jofephine Richard Memorial Shield (Flower Section – Roses) – Nancy Costin
- Glenda Scott Memorial Shield (Flower Section – Native / Bonsai) – G & R Mason
- Molly Black Memorial Shield (Needlework Section) – Valerie Richard
- Mary & Bob Greig Memorial Shield (Art Encouragement Award) – Madeline Forner
- Nell Greig Memorial Shield (Photography Section) – Terri Roberts
- Nick & Chris Brice Memorial Shield (Local Heroes Award) – No Entries
- Adrian Bradley Memorial Shield (Home Brewing Section);
– Beer Section – Everard Clynk
– Wine Section – No Entries
– Spirit Section – Josh Baldry
- Val & Bill Boyton Memorial Shield (School Banners Section);
– Pre-school’s – Moruya Pre-school
– Infants – Broulee Public School
– Primary – Mogo Public School
– High – Moruya High School
- Rose Steward Memorial Six Bar Shield (Horse Section) – ‘Brett Clarke – ‘Blossoms Little Brother’
- Reg Green Transport Shield (Most Successful Clydesdale) – WNH
- RAS James Kilpatrick (Best Mare Clydesdale) – WNH
- Harrisons Horse & Rural (Team Penning);
– Open – WNH
– Junior – WNH
- 2019 Eurobodalla District Show Showgirl – WNH
Eurobodalla, We Thank You
The Eurobodalla District Show Society would like to thank all, for the help in making the 2018 Eurobodalla District Show one of the biggest we have had in many a year, with the great numbers through the gates. The numbers of entries were also up in some of the Pavilion sections.
Local communities make local shows and without their help, the Shows would not run.
So a big thanks goes out to:
All our supporters
All our sponsors (please support them)
All the people who entered in the Show
All the people who attended the Show
All the Radio Stations and the Newspapers
The community of the Eurobodalla Shire and visitors
The Show Society members, workers/helpers at the Show, Judges and Stewards
SEE YOU NEXT YEAR
ON THE AUSTRALIA DAY LONG WEEKEND!